Being a parent is one of the most important jobs. But how do people prepare for parenthood? How do people learn to parent their children responsibly? These are important questions and there certainly isn’t one correct answer. However, taking time to reflect on your parenting skills and develop new parenting strategies could be beneficial.
Everybody will occasionally (or frequently) feel frustrated and angry with their kids. It’s important to remember, however, that in these moments your parenting skills are being put to the test!
If you have questions or concerns about parenting strategies you may find it helpful to consult one of our psychologists to identify new strategies for raising your child.
For more information and parenting tips, consider reading these resources:
- FindaPsychologist.org: Parenting Self-Help Resources
- National Institute of Child Health and Human Development: Adventures in parenting publication
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention: Positive parenting tips
- Parenthood.com: 10 talents of parenting
- Child Development Institute: How to raise successful teens
- National Institute of Mental Health: Stay updated on child and adolescent mental health issues